What is a DIY Wiring Harness?
- For the trucks that do have auxiliary (AUX) switches, the wiring harness is needed. It connects the lights to the auxiliary hook up location.
- You will need to crimp the wiring using your own crimping tool. Can be purchased in stores that sell autoparts and hardware. Ex: Home Depot, Lowes, Autozone.
- Your wiring harness will have crimp connectors that you will use to connect all the wiring.
- If your truck doesn’t have AUX switches, you CAN NOT use our wiring harness. We recommend you look for a generic wiring harness on Amazon/Ebay
5. All 30in and 40in light bars have over 6ft of wire to give you enough length to reach the AUX spot. You will not need a wiring harness.